North Head Sea Kayaking Adventure Tour
- Duration: 3 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Auckland, Auckland
- Product code: NHA
A 3 hour tour from Fergs Kayak’s Okahu Bay base to the historic neighbourhood and military base of Devonport. The first and only to offer this sea kayak tour, Fergs has been taking guests to North Head for over 25 years.
The paddle takes about 30 minutes to cross the harbour to the golden sands of Cheltenham beach with a walk up to North Head (Maungauika) to view the old military barracks, tunnels and historic gun emplacements that once protected the city in times of conflict. A 10 minute walk will reward you at the summit with stunning 360 degree views of the central city, northern suburbs and surrounding Hauraki Gulf.
Our guided kayak tour to North Head, includes:
- Large stable double sea kayaks with plenty of storage in water tight compartments
- All necessary specialist kayaking safety equipment
- Experienced guide(s) - with ratio of 1 guide per 8 kayakers
- A walk to the top of North Head with stops at points of interest along the way
- All landing and facility fees
The tour does NOT include:
- Hotel pick up or drop off
The first to offer this sea kayak tour Fergs has been taking guests to Devonport for over 25 years.
- Minimum age for this tour is 16 years.
- Adult pricing applies to all kayakers on this tour.
- Not recommended for pregnant women or people with back problems.
- Kayaking to Devonport requires a moderate degree of fitness and there is a 10 minute walk up to an elevation of 50 m above sea level involved.
- Please bring with you plenty of water and food to sustain you for the hike and return kayak trip e.g. sandwiches or packed lunch and energy snacks.
- Clothing suitable for kayaking is required, including shorts, t-shirt, sports/active wear, extra warm top,
leggings (particularly in winter). Please do not wear denim or heavy long pants. Lightweight, quick drying hiking wear is ok.
- For your safety and that of others, you are not permitted on this tour if you are under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- All kayak tours are subject to favourable weather and sea conditions. If a tour is cancelled due to poor weather and/or sea conditions, you will be given the option
of an alternative tour date or full refund.
- An email confirming your booking will be sent within 24 hours of booking.
- For group bookings we can offer alternative timings, destinations or evening night trips.
Contact us on 09 529 2230 for bookings during winter