North Head Adventure
- Duration: 3 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Auckland, Auckland
- Product code: NHA
A 3 hour tour (approx.) from Fergs Kayak’s Okahu Bay base to Devonport and North Head
(Maungauika) and a guided walk up to the top of North Head, to view the old
military tunnels and historic gun emplacements, followed by a paddle back to
Fergs Kayaks base.
Our guided kayak tour to North Head, includes:
- Double sea kayak
- All necessary specialist kayaking safety equipment
- Experienced guide (with ratio of 1 guide per 8 kayakers)
- A guided walk to the top of North Head
- All landing and facility fees (if applicable).
The tour does not include:
pick up or drop off
- Minimum age for this tour is 16 years
- Adult pricing applies to all kayakers on this tour.
- Please bring at least 2 bottles of water and food to sustain you for the walk and return kayak trip, eg sandwiches or pasta and possibly nutrition bars.
- Not recommended for pregnant women or people with back problems
- Some walking uphill is involved.
- Clothing suitable for kayaking is required, including shorts, t-shirt, warm top, leggings
(particularly in winter). Please do not wear denim, long pants (not even rolled
up) or ¾ pants.
- For your safety and that of others, you are not permitted on this tour if you are
under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- All kayak tours are subject to favourable weather and sea conditions. If a tour is
cancelled due to poor weather or sea conditions, you will be given the option
of an alternative tour date or full refund.
- An email confirming your booking will be sent within 24 hours of booking.