Rangitoto Volcano Adventure
- Duration: 6 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Orakei, Auckland
- Product code: RVA
A 6 hour tour (approx.) from Fergs Kayak’s Okahu Bay Base to Rangitoto Island, a guided
hike to the summit to view the sunset and a paddle back under the stars.
Daytime tours are also available (meet at Fergs at 9.00am).
Our guided kayak tour to Rangitoto Island, includes:
- Double sea kayak
- All necessary specialist kayaking safety equipment
- Experienced guide (with ratio of 1 guide per 8 kayakers)
- A guided walk to the top of Rangitoto
- All landing and facility fees (if applicable).
The tour does not include:
pick up or drop off
- Minimum age for this tour is 16 years
- Adult pricing applies to all kayakers on this tour
- Not recommended for pregnant women or people with back problems
- Kayaking to Rangitoto requires a moderate degree of fitness and there is some walking
- Please bring with you at least two bottles of water and food to sustain you for the hike and return kayak trip eg sandwiches or pasta and possibly nutrition bars.
- Clothing suitable for kayaking is required, including shorts, t-shirt, warm top,
leggings (particularly in winter). Please do not wear denim, long pants (not
even rolled up) or ¾ pants.
- For your safety and that of others, you are not permitted on this tour if you are
under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- All kayak tours are subject to favourable weather and sea conditions. If a tour is
cancelled due to poor weather or sea conditions, you will be given the option
of an alternative tour date or full refund.
- An email confirming your booking will be sent within 24 hours of booking.
- Following the end of Daylight saving all Rangitoto sunset tours tours meet at 2.30pm.
We-are committed to meeting biosecurity-standards for visiting pest-free islands
and other islands in the Hauraki Gulf.
Prepare-for your trip by being alert for stowaways- such as Argentine ants, plague/rainbow skinks, soil, seeds, mice or rats. Please:
Make sure all food is packed and sealed in plastic containers with lid. Ensure cardboard boxes are closed and
taped – there must be no opportunity for an unwanted pest to access the
container/box in transit.
Ensure all - footwear and gear is clean and free of soil.
Thoroughly - check any camping or overnight gear for stowaways. Gear that has been stored
away is high risk.
Thoroughly - check seedlings, potting mix or plant matter to ensure there are no
Seal up your gear/food as soon as you have
finished packing and leave them closed until you reach your destination.
Without your co-operation
your trip may not be able to take place, so if you have any doubts or questions
about biosecurity, please ask us.